Traditional metal braces are an excellent way for your teen to straighten their teeth so they can feel confident in and out of school, but did you know there is another way to align your child’s teeth for a healthy, beautiful smile?
We proudly offer clear aligners for our younger patients through Invisalign for Teens! Clear aligners are plastic teeth-aligning trays that provide patients with a subtle, more natural look. They straighten the teeth just like braces, but they are different in how they look, feel, and work.
At Luv Braces, we are a family-owned and family-oriented orthodontic practice whose number one focus is to help your family achieve healthy, happy smiles. We strive to provide a comfortable and inviting setting no matter our patient’s age! We are eager to tell you about the advantages of clear aligners for your teen.
Specially Made For Every Individual!
All of your teen’s clear aligners will be custom-made for their teeth. Our team will use a collection of X-rays and digital scans to get a detailed and accurate look into your child’s mouth, usually eliminating the need for a messy and uncomfortable traditional mold. Dr. Tahbaz and Dr. Rezapour are often able to spot potential complications early with these digital images and make adjustments to the treatment plan.
With Invisalign’s advanced technology, you and your teen will see a digital projection of your teen’s orthodontic journey, including the predicted final result, before treatment even begins. Seeing the final image is an excellent motivator for your teen to wear their removable clear aligners.
Once your teen’s program is carefully planned, their orthodontist will specially order their collection of clear aligners. Each tray is worn for one to two weeks before advancing to the next in the set at home in seconds!
Our team at Luv Braces will always encourage your teen to be proud of their appearance before, during, and after their orthodontic journey. However, we know that some patients prefer a more subtle look that traditional metal braces do not offer. And that’s okay!
Invisalign trays are nearly indetectable. Thanks to their snug, unique custom design, most people will not even realize your teen is wearing them! Your teen is likely to have less hesitation to smile and feel more confident to go about their regular activities while wearing Invisalign.
Unlike metal braces, Invisalign trays are not fixed appliances. Removable trays = fewer lifestyle changes for your teen! While it is true that the trays must be worn for twenty-two hours per day to be effective, the removability of the aligners has many advantages for teens. Some of those benefits include:
- No food restrictions! – The trays need to be removed to eat or drink anything other than water. This means your child can stick to their normal diet. *
- No change in extracurriculars! – Invisalign trays can be taken out for sporting events, special occasions, photographs, and more. Invisalign straightens your teen’s teeth and protects their most special of moments!
- Less upkeep! – Clear aligners offer a lower maintenance route than braces. Instead of learning a new oral hygiene routine, wearers just remove the trays to floss and brush their teeth like normal. Ask your orthodontist about how to care for your trays properly.
* It is recommended your teen brush their teeth or rinse their mouth with water after eating and drinking before putting the aligner back. This prevents residue from getting on the trays. Discoloration of the trays can make them more visible, and we don’t want that!
Invisalign for Teens Difference
We at Luv Braces are proud supporters of Invisalign and Invisalign for Teens. Beyond the shape and size of the trays, there are some key differences in Invisalign for Teens that make them perfect for young patients and their families.
- Compliance Dot – Are you unsure if your teen will wear the aligners as prescribed? Do you think they might be dishonest about their usage of the aligners? Good news – Invisalign trays for teens include a small blue dot on the back that changes color to white or clear over time. The color is changed by saliva, so you can be sure your teen is following Dr. Tahbaz’s or Dr. Rezapour’s instructions!
- Replacement Sets – Is your teen likely to lose their head if it wasn’t attached to their body? Living an active lifestyle? Rough on their belongings? Invisalign for Teens considered this, too! Your teen is offered limited replacements for damaged or lost trays! While we do still want to encourage your teen to take proper care of their orthodontic equipment, we are happy to report that the worst part of losing or damaging a tray is waiting for the new trays to arrive because it can extend their overall treatment time.
- Eruption Tabs – Is your teen still waiting on some of their adult teeth but ready to start treatment? That’s perfectly fine, too! Invisalign trays have the option to come with eruption tabs, which essentially allow space for your teen’s teeth to continue to grow or “erupt” while wearing the aligners!
Still unsure if Invisalign is a good fit for your family? Schedule a consultation with Luv Braces!
We know orthodontic work can be intimidating, especially for new patients. Our experienced team wants to do everything possible to help your teen feel confident and enthusiastic during treatment. We know that comfort begins with knowledge, so contact us today to schedule your free consultation with us at Luv Braces to learn more about Invisalign and other treatment options. We would LUV to meet you and your family!